Change Strategy Workshop – Building Your Corporate Story
A strategic narrative is a story that articulates corporate vision and strategy in a very understandable, meaningful and attractive way to gain buy-in, adoption and active participation from the workforce.
When translating strategic intent into meaningful operational execution, people within your organization ideally need to be able to recognize their own operational reality within the messaging. They need to see a reflection of themselves in a way that makes sense and resonates personally. To achieve this, the leadership and front-line management need to land the thinking at a local level – and in a very practical, user-friendly and clear way.
Change Strategy Workshop Overview
Drawing on over ten years blue-chip commercial experience working with senior leaders and front-line management, the Change Strategy Workshop is designed to build a mandated consensus around your strategic intent – and at pace. The workshops highly collaborative visualization process will enable you to collectively visualize and articulate your strategic intent in a way that everyone can clearly understand, identify with and believe in.
Client Work Example
To view the below video-slideshow you can pause and fast-forward on the content. Workshop photographs are located towards the end of the slideshow.
Click on the following link for more information on strategic narrative / corporate story…
The Value Of Strategic Narrative
A Strategic Narrative is an extremely valuable tool capable of explicitly connecting strategic intent to project delivery. Alongside providing a whole-system capability, it tackles a whole range of things required to design, build and embed a fit-for-purpose and business-ready outcome:
1. The strategic narrative is a powerful mechanism to generate a shared senior leadership consensus view of the past, current and future state. Gaining an on-message senior team always accelerates follow-on operating model design and implementation because everyone is working on the same page with a clear agreed mandate to proceed.
2. The strategic narrative places a practical container on the strategic intent. Providing clear and meaningful terms of reference wired to inform operating model visualization, design, planning and implementation. The story format provides meaning to design teams, making the thinking more accessible – so the narrative can be easily unpacked and explored.
3. The strategic narrative is capable of articulating the new strategic direction to the wider organisation and key external stakeholder audiences in an accessible, user-friendly and richly meaningful way – connecting the head and heart to the new initiative in equal measure – providing a clear ‘north star’ for everyone to align behind.
A Strategic Narrative is also capable of capturing strategic intent, complex technical concepts and creative ideas in a way that everyone can understand. It also can:
- Translate strategy into meaningful execution;
- Explicitly connect strategic into to project delivery;
- Generate a mandated consensus leadership view – with full executive sponsorship;
- Provide clear leadership direction. Enabling the leadership to implement effective joined-up oversight across the organisation in a practical and engaging way;
- Provide a governance framework (with decision rules) that describe what success looks and feels like – informing and guiding decision-making, ways-of-working and behaviour;
- Position and facilitate the change in a respectful way;
- Accelerate engagement by helping leaders appear more human when communicating the story;
- Create an inclusive environment;
- Reinforce key strategic messages and company values; and
- Help employees retain the key information required to execute.
Our Transformation Products
Our transformation products are designed to mimic the dynamic and integrated way teams work in the real world. The below products provide a ‘pick-n-mix’ option that identifies individual point-of-need intervention within the context of end-to-end transformation. Click on the following links:
Delta Rich Picture